Sunday, January 1, 2012

resolutions and things

Happy New Year! I had been wondering what to do for New Year's Eve since I had been invited by two friends to their parties, each on seperate ends of town.  I ended up going out to dinner with my parents at this fancy restaruant at 8:45, which was a bit after when both parties had started. I decided that I was going to have a nice quiet evening with my parents since it's probably the last one that I know I'll be home for 100%.  Dinner was great, I'm still stuffed from it; we watched Sister Act when we got home and drank a glass of sparking grape juice a bit after eleven so my parents could retire to bed early. Not too late later I too headed to bed.

A new year usually comes with the list of things we promise ourselves to do or not to do for the year.  I have to admit that I normally don't stick to mine, but this year, I think that all of mine are attainable if I can get started off right and push myself to keep with it.  Most of these go hand in hand, most of which I should still be practicing since recovery from surgery...


  • Exercise more: need to strengthen my hip muscles and it's good for arthritic joints.
  • Take my medicine when it's supposed to be taken.
  • Cut back on carbonated beverages.
  • Recycle and conserve energy and other environmentally friendly things.
  • Drink more water.
  • Cut back on salt intake.
  • Commit to committing: don't pull out at the last minute.
  • Fish more than 2011.
  • Read 50 books.
  • Start a collab blog.
  • Write more often.
  • Connect with old friends.
  • Go on more walks.
Link of the day: EcoGeek I just generally enjoy this place. Makes me happy to see a place where people love earth.

days until Senior Year Part 2 begins: 3
days until I become an adult: 6
days until graduation: 138

2 comments:

SM said...

Happy New Year!!
Good luck with your resolutions! :)
Depending on what you want to blog about, I'd love to do a collab blog. I've been looking for a collab project and if its ok, I'd love to be apart of yours :P

Unknown said...

Good luck with all your resolutions!!